Sunday, January 3, 2016

Morals Are Subjective

Morals Are Subjective.

     Not everyone agrees when asking the question: "Where do morals come from?" I honestly think its due to a sheer lack of trying. I have heard many different views regarding objective morals. The more I hear them, the more absurd they sound. There is only one absolute in reality, that absolute is truth. Truth is a separate topic, lets get started talking about morals.


     What are morals? Morals are defined as: "a lesson, especially one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from  a piece of information, or an experience." That was easy enough. Morals are things we learn. I find it odd that even some of my fellow atheist's disagree concerning this topic. This is really an open and closed case. Morals are indeed subjective, it's simply not up for debate.

4 comments:

  1. Although there is in fact objective truth, that is not to say there are not subjective truths as well. We can conclude that there are objective truths by evaluating the statement "There are no objective truths." In which case, the claim itself must be an objective truth in order to be valid. This, of course, mwand that it is a self defeating proposition. As for the matter of subjective truths, I would call that inconclusive because I can not know that my reality is identical to yours but only operate as if this is the case pragmatically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have said nothing about absolute truth which is in fact my claim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Define and distinguish between absolute truth and objective truth for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute truth is completely true no matter what your perception is. Objective truth can be your perspective...as in what you think tastes the best.

    ReplyDelete